Monday, September 8, 2008

First week at Ripon

At first, coming to Ripon college felt like it would be a scary experience. I have never been away from home for an extended period of time, and I didn't know a single person on campus. There was a bit of doubt in my mind about how I would do at school. To my surprise, the summer orientation for incoming freshman turned to be a complete success. The orientation committee composed a packed schedule which encouraged first years to come out and join activities which helped students get to know each other as soon as possible. Through events such as playfair and comedy sports, I was able to meet plenty of new friends. Not only that, I plan on joining the swim team this year, and it has been great to meet up with my team captain and even hanging out with him and the rest of the guys on the weekend.
Aside from a social life, I love the academic portion as well. So far, all my professors truly care for the students and they wish to become acquainted with them
I honestly believe coming to Ripon was the best choice I have ever made.

No comments: